I worked initially for an Italian Web agency for almost 4 years, gaining experience in e-commerce websites, web portals, young online businesses and web marketing strategies.
I then moved to a larger Italian company, improving my knowledge in Communication for Public Administration and services, multi-device approaches, Web standard (accessibility).
In the meantime I taught at the Tor Vergata University in my native Rome, focussing on usability theories and Web marketing guidelines to Professional Masters course students.
In United Kingdom
In the summer of 2013 I moved to London. I worked for 18 months in a Digital Company in London, where I challenged myself in responsive design and adaptive design, design for tablet and mobile Apps, international retail and e-commerce.
In May 2015 I joined a Creative digital agency (former Orange Digital) with focus on Service design and UCD approaches, contracting for one year.
I contracted for the financial industry for less than a year, challenging myself in designing interactions that will be used potentially by millions of customers every day.
I'm currently working for the publishing sector, focusing on improving the experience for one of the most famous scientific magazine online.
Designing for the user since 2007
SENIOR UX DESIGNER
Lloyds Banking Group
June 2016 - March 2017
- To design experience for both Consumer Finance and Commercial Banking product, for desktop, mobile and tablet devices
- To design interactions complaint to the brand communication standards
- To work collaboratively with IT, Legal and Product team to meet both user and business needs, creating a collaborative and active environment
- To define scripts for one-to-one recurrent user testing
Open Reply UK
Oct 2013 – Jan 2015
- to design user experiences for mobile and tablet devices, responsive and adaptive designs
- to design user experiences for mobile and tablet application, on Android and iOS systems
- to improve user flows, journeys, user interactions
- to define content strategies and infoarchitecture improvements
INFORMATION ARCHITECT / UX CONSULTANT
Sep 2011 – Aug 2013
- To determine overall hierarchy of information based on the end user needs, develop content taxonomy and site maps for Website, Software, Mobile App
- To develop high level and/or detailed wireframes, mockups and prototypes to outline flow of site information for Desktop, Tablet and Smartphone version
- To articulate design decisions and interaction model through formal documents
WEB USABILITY TEACHER
University of Rome "Tor Vergata"
Feb 2012 – Feb 2012
Digital communication and Communication on the Web courses.
UX DESIGNER AND WEB MARKETING SPECIALIST
Oct 2007 – Sep 2011
- To create site maps, page-level wireframes, prototypes and functional specifications for Website (Insitutional, Intranet, Portal, b2b, b2c)
- To define Web marketing strategies and manage SEO/SEM activities (Content Optimization, Advertising, Email marketing, Social Media Marketing)
Contributions and articles
A cura di Elisabetta Zuanelli
Roberto Basili, Mirto Silvio Busico, Giovanni Crea, Francesco Di Ciommo, Francesca Dragotto, Daniele Ferraioli, Giorgio Lener, Sandra Petroni, Paolo Pomati, Saverio Rubini, Chiara Scarabotti, Francesca Vannucchi, Fabio Massimo Zanzotto
Usabilità: concetto e discipline di riferimento (Usability: concept and disciplines), Chiara Scarabotti, (pag. 171-192)
(User Centered Design: prospects and definitions of usability and accessibility)
In “Comunicazione e innovazione digitale”, n. 4, ott/dic 2007
Definizioni sinottiche e comparative di interfaccia e interazione in prospettive d’usabilità
(Synoptic and comparative definitions of “interface” and “interaction” in a usability prospective)
in “Comunicazione e innovazione digitale”, n. 3, lugl/set 2008.
University of Rome Tor Vergata
Master Degree with honours "Publishing, multimedia communication and journalism" 2004 – 2007
Thesis in Digital Communication: “Software Architecture for the Web: theory, problems and usability Methods”.
Main subjects: digital communication / cognitive studies / formal languages / communication theories
University of Rome Tor Vergata
Bachelor degree with honours Humanities/Humanistic Studies 2001 – 2004
Main subject: multimedia communication / psychology / linguistic / text informatics